At Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, they unveiled myriad statistics about their successful operations. Here are some of the more interesting and impressive ones related to the company's wildly popular App Store for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
1. There are now more than 400 million accounts associated with the App Store, which is the largest database of credit card-attached accounts "anywhere on the internet," according to Apple.
2. There are now over 650,000 apps for iOS, Apple says.
3. More than 225,000 of these are built specifically for the iPad—far, far more than for any other competing tablet.
4. A grand total of 30 billion apps have now been downloaded from the App Store.
5. Apple has handed out over $5 billion to app developers through its App Store.
6. Apple has now sold more than 365 million iOS devices.
7. Apps on iOS send a combined seven billion push notifications every single day.
8. Over 1.5 trillion push notifications have been sent in total on iOS devices.
9. Apple has more than 140 million iMessage users, who have sent over 150 billion messages so far at a current pace of one billion per day.
10. A total of 10 billion tweets have been sent from iOS 5 thanks to deep Twitter integration.