AccelerateAB is a conference designed to bring together Alberta’s tech community and to provide an educational forum for next generation entrepreneurs to meet, and interact with leading industry executives.
Hosted in partnership with the C100, A100, Startup Calgary, StartUp Edmonton, TEC Edmonton and Calgary Technologies, the conference will be held on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning at Mount Royal University.
Right now, you can apply for the invite-only Entrepreneur Roundtable Sessions; a forum for selected Alberta entrepreneurs to participate in an unparalleled mentoring experience, with hands-on advice and coaching from A100 and C100 members, and invited guests. Companies will be selected by an independent panel including VCs and A100 members. Apply before Friday, May 27th.
Not sure if you qualify? Application criteria are as follows:
- Alberta-based technology companies in all sectors (including cleantech, IT, life sciences). * All sectors are invited to apply, however final selections will be based on the number of available mentors for each sector. For this reason, the group will be weighted more towards IT which represents the majority of current deal flow in Alberta.
- Companies founded within 3-5 years.* Companies which have undergone a significant “restart” within that timeframe will be considered.
- Companies must have a product-based business model, and should have moved past the prototype stage. * Service based models including consulting companies are not eligible, unless they are actively transitioning to a product model.
- Private or public companies are eligible.
- Companies with high market potential and the vision of becoming a global business.
- The founder works in the startup company full-time.
- Companies which fall outside of these criteria may also be considered however the selection committee will be seeking the “wow factor”. This may include passionate management, a killer idea (but early stage), or a glowing recommendation from an advisor.
AccelerateAB will feature keynote speeches and panel discussions from top entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders from Silicon Valley and throughout Canada. Ticket information and speakers will be announced later this month.