Bob Chaworth-Musters has announced that the 23rd Angel Forum will be held on April 29th in Vancouver. Look for Techvibes to be live-blogging the event and covering the newest start-ups in their pursuit of angel funds. In an email blast to his Angel Forum faithful today, Chaworth-Musters provided a list of his recommended resources for start-ups in BC which may be worth a look:
- Tax Issues (includes cross border + SRED) - Don Furney or Warren Nimchuck of PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Going Public - Colleen Chambers or John McCoach of TSX Venture Exchange
- Venture Capital - Greg Smith of the seed VC arm of the BDC
- Legal issues - Keith Spencer or David Ford of Fasken Martineau
- 30% Investment Tax Credit - Dara Landry of the Province of BC's Investment Capital unit.
- IRAP financial support - Diana Nacer of National Research Council
- Federal Government assistance - Neil Callow of Industry Canada's Information and Communications Technologies unit
January 31st is the early registration deadline for company applications for the next Angel Forum, so register now if you're interested.