On Tuesday, October 9, the Plug and Play Tech Center, the Consulate General of Canada, and Boast Capital will jointly launch the Plug and Play Accelerator Canada in Calgary.
Plug and Play Accelerator Canada is a six-month hybrid accelerator program, with three months in Calgary and three months in Silicon Valley, designed to connect new tech startups with the resources they need to build a successful company, through a combination of structured workshops, speaker series, mentorship sessions and active coaching.
Startups will get the following upon acceptance into program:
- An investment of U.S. $25,000.
- A network of over 180+ investors including Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital.
- Weekly mentorship sessions with the opportunity to hear from experienced Canadian and Silicon Valley investors, entrepreneurs and executives.
- Free office space at the Assembly Coworking Space in Calgary and at the Plug and Play Tech Center in Silicon Valley.
- An additional three months of office space and mentorship in Silicon Valley through the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program run by the Consulate General of Canada.
DON'T MISS: There are now more than 100 accelerators in Canada.
Plug and Play Accelerator Canada will conclude with a demo day where VCs, angel investors, media partners and other stakeholders will be invited to review the final pitches and progress of the startups.