The 34th Angel Forum took place earlier this week in Vancouver and over 100 entrepreneurs, investors, and sponsors were in attendance.
The day-long event wrapped up with the Angel Forum crowning the 2013 BC Angel Investor of the Year as well as the Investor Choice Award winners.
The Angel award began in 2009 with Mike Volker taking the inaugural award. Since then Paul Geyer, Boris Wertz, and Mike Edwards have received the honors and this year Greg Peet was singled out.
The Investor Choice Awards—aptly named as they were voted on by the investors that took in the company presentations—went to the following:
- Best Presentation: Calgary's Gummii Inc.
- Best Pre-Revenue Company: Vancouver's MTT Innovation
- Best Revenue Company: Victoria's Smart Pager
- Most Promising Company to go Public: MTT Innovation
- Best Company Likely to be Acquired: MTT Innovation
Congratulations to all the winners and to Bob Chaworth-Musters on another great forum.