The BC Innovation Council’s Innovation Summit 2010 is next week in Vancouver. The 2-day, hybrid networking event promises to connect science to business in the agriculture, food and ag-bioproducts sectors. The Summit includes the Commercialization of Agricultural Technology (CAT) Awards, where four emerging BC companies will be recognized and awarded prizes totaling up to $600,000.
Designed to unite researchers, start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs with leading BC business leaders, BCIC’s Innovation Summit 2010 is an opportunity to encourage and further the commercialization of new technologies within these progressive sectors.
BCIC’s Innovation Summit 2010 includes companies involved in:
- clean technologies,
- advanced food processing and packaging,
- production of novel food and non-food products
- new food safety and animal health detection technologies,
- new biocontrol technologies and;
- software for control and management of a range of complex systems.
The 2010 BCIC Innovation Summit is on January 7-8th at the Hyatt Regency. Tickets are $75 in advance or $100 at the door.