With the Olympics putting the Vancouver technology community on hold for a couple weeks, the BCTIA has extended their deadline to this Friday for companies to apply for the Xcelerate Forum.
The Xcelerate Forum is a full day committed to improving the corporate strategies and operations of BC’s technology companies through dynamic two-way discussions with professional experts and industry coaches.
Sessions and coaches:
- Identifying the marketing opportunity - Phil Holland (Entrepreneur-in-residence, SFU)
- Planning and Execution - Paulin Laberge (Mentor, ACETECH Growth Strategy Program)
- Talent for Growth - Pat Watson (VP of Global HR, Sierra Wireless)
- Strategic Sales - Jack Allison (Partner, Conselleo)
- Managing IP and Patents - Doran Ingalls (Partner, Fasken Martineau)
- Licensing - Karam Bayrakal (Partner, Fasken Martineau)
- Raising Capital - Hans Knapp (Partner, Yaletown Venture Partners)
If you're a tech entrepreneur with a commercialized product and at least one customer, you should apply by Friday, March 5th.
The Xcelerate Panel (which includes Dragons' Den's Brett Wilson) will choose 25 companies to participate in the day-long event that takes place on Monday, April 12th at Discovery Parks Vancouver.