It's well known now that Canada has a top-notch video game industry (infographic). But did you know it's the third biggest in the world with 16,000 employees, 348 companies, and a direct annual economic impact of nearly $2 billion?
With the industry poised to grow 17% over the next 2 years, it's never been a better time to be involved—especially considering those in the video game industry earn an average salary of $62,000, more than double the overall Canadian average income of just $29,000.
Here are five career opportunities as some of Canada's hottest game studios.
- Software Engineer - Mobile Gaming - TinyCo, Vancouver
- Game Designer - Uken Games, Toronto
- Senior Game Programmer - Big Fish Games, Vancouver
- System/Webserver Administrator - Big Viking Games, London
- Senior Mobile Software Engineer - East Side Games, Vancouver
Perform content is delivered to you by the Techvibes Job Board.