The 2010 Canada 3.0 Forum is slated for May 10th and 11th and they've set an ambitious target for Canada's digital media industry - that of making it possible for "anyone to do anything online in Canada - by 2017".
"We've set this 'Moonshot' that might sound impossible, just as putting a man on the moon once sounded impossible, but it is attainable if we harness all the necessary resources and are fully committed to making this happen," said Kevin Tuer, Managing Director of the Canadian Digital Media Network, a federal centre of excellence in commercialization and research. "While the sun is setting on some more traditional industries, there are many opportunities worth shooting for in digital media spanning all aspects of our economy."
Event organizers believe the second annual forum will bring together the people who can make that happen from industry, government and academia for a two-day event. Global National Anchor Kevin Newman will emcee the main plenary sessions and keynote speakers and panelists currently include:
- Tony Chapman, Founder & CEO of branding and advertising agency Capital C
- Tom Jenkins, Executive Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer of Open Text Corporation
- Helen McDonald, Assistant Deputy Minister, Spectrum, Industry Canada
- Sarah Prevette, Founder & CEO of entrepreneurship community Sprouter.com
- Gerri Sinclair, Executive Director, Masters of Digital Media Program, Centre for Digital Media, B.C.
Canada 3.0 2010 will be held at the Rotary Complex in Stratford, Ontario. Early-bird registration prices are available until April 9th.