Canada Post is inviting online retailers to compete for $1 million in prizes for the E-commerce Innovation Awards.
Applications are now being received for the awards and are open until July 2. Prizes benefit all levels of retailers, from giants to startups to online-only. Winners will receive shipping contracts worth up to $100,000 and customized direct mail marketing packages.
"E-commerce in Canada is thriving," says René Desmarais, Senior Vice-President, Parcels at Canada Post. "Through these Awards, we want to enable our retailers to reach for even greater success, and help Canada compete in the global online marketplace."
A blue-ribbon panel of judges will determine the finalists for each category. The winners will be announced on September 25 at an evening gala held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Companies will compete in seven categories:
- Best Large Multi-channel Retailer
- Best Small Multi-channel Retailer
- Best Large E-tailer (online only)
- Best Small E-tailer (online only)
- Most Innovative Retailer (Large)
- Most Innovative Retailer (Small)
- Consumer Champion (determined through a public online poll)