Today, Profit revealed the winners of its FuEL Awards, which celebrate's Canada's brightest young entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs were judged by a panel including Shopify's Harley Finkelstein, Polar Mobile's Kunal Gupta, and Tessa Mintz of the Canadian Youth Business Foundation Winners were selected through a combination of public votes (20% of a candidate’s final score), and review by a judges against the following criteria: product innovation (25%); community building (15%); job creation/employment practices (15%); and commercial results (25%).
Here are the top 20 under 30 in alphabetical order.
• Armen Bakirtzian, age 27, Waterloo, Ont., Avenir Medical
• Holly Brattberg, 28, Edmonton, Global e-Training
• Reid Campbell, 27, Toronto, VMG Cinematic
• Rebecca Cotter, 29, Toronto, Water-on-Wheels
• Derrick Fung, 25, Richmond Hill, Ont., Tunezy
• Billy Hennessey, 28, Toronto, Oxford Beach/RoyalPak
• Cedric Jeannot, 27, Waterloo, Ont., I Think Security
• Michael Kaye, 29, Toronto, Alexa Translations
• Arjun Kumar, 27, Whitby, Ont., Kela Medical
• Bryan McCrea, 26, Saskatoon, 3twenty Solutions
• Marco Muzzi, 24, Toronto, AcuityAds
• Greg Overholt, 27, Toronto, Students Offering Support
• Ronald Richardson, 29, Kanata, Ont., Benbria Corporation
• Al Roback, 26, Vancouver, Grass Frames
• Simon Rouillier, 29, Montreal, NVI
• Bassil Silim Jones, 25, Montreal, Merchlar
• Chad Trytten, 29, Vancouver, Spark Integration Technologies
• Milan Vrekic, 28, Halifax, TitanFile
• Dave Wilkin, 24, Toronto, Redwood Strategic
• Chris Ye, 25, Toronto, Uken Games (FuEL Entrepreneur of the Year)
FuEL Award winners will receive profile in the December 2012 issue of Profit Magazine.