Clevest Solutions Inc of Richmond, B.C. will assist BC Hydro with the deployment of smart meters throughout the province of BC. The company will be responsible for deploying commercial infrastructure for commercial meters as well as some residential meters.
Clevest's software toolkit will help to:
- schedule and dispatch workers for smart meter installation and post-deployment maintenance work
- ensure customer and worker safety with special alerts for customers on life support, priority accounts and dangerous sites
- locate deployment teams and see their current work status in near real-time
- barcode scan, photo-capture and GPS asset location capture during installation
- integrate with other information management systems to ensure no data is lost.
The replacement of existing BC Hydro customer meters with modern, fully integrate, smart metering systems will begin in July, 2011. Each installation will require a simple procedure that will take a few minutes. In most cases, customers will not need to be home.
Smart meters will help to ensure BC Hydro can continue to deliver safe, reliable and cost effective electricity to customers across the province.
BC hydro customers can expect to receive a letter notifying them a few weeks prior to the installation of the new meters.
For more information about the Smart Metering Program, visit www.bchydro.com/smartmeters.