The first inaugural cohort of the Next Montreal pre-accelerator, sponsored by Google for Entrepreneurs, aims to make companies pitch ready within five weeks: these are the lucky few who will be mentored and given advice to ensure as best as possible their entrance to prestigious accelerators.
- CraneUp: A professional networking website based on 1 on 1 video calls, with a team comprising of founder Maxime Calouche.
- DogSync: A task management system for dog owners on an iOS application. DogSync helps communicate and delegate tasks like walking and feeding swiftly and painlessly, and it was founded by Ben Syne.
- GradeSlam: GradeSlam is Khan Academy meets Amazon. It allows users to preview tutors' teaching styles before booking them. This gives parents a level of comfort to which tutors are best suited to their children. It is being headed by Phil Cutler.
- In-sight.io: Project monitoring made easy. Insight is a dashboard solution for developers and managers. It adds high-level analytics to mainstream collaboration tools, and was founded by Jeremy Fabre and Emanuel Petre.
- Navut: Founded by Mauro Repacci, Navut is about finding the neighborhood that's best for you, efficiently, and stress-free. Unlike other websites, Navut’s various tools cover numerous aspects of moving including finding the optimal neighborhood, and understanding the living costs involved. Currently, there are 150 million people in the developed world moving every year. Navut has been given the opportunity to pitch Dragons' Den.
- Sana.io: Shopping for the right combination of wearable devices that fit your particular fitness and needs is hard. The Personalized Wearable shop allows you to find the quantified self devices that are ideal for your personal circumstances. It was founded by Tina Niaki, Shawn Dimantha, Aude Berger and Paul Cuciureanu.
- Qeepr: Free Social Media Memorialization Website. Qeepr is a social media site dedicated to memorializing the lives of the departed with the aid of the QR code. By placing a QeepR Code on a gravestone, urn, or other monument, you will allow others to discover your lost loved one’s story. Create a profile where friends and family can leave condolences, upload photos, videos, like, share, comment, connect, and remember those who are dearly missed. Qeepr was founded by Mandy Benoualid.
- Snowtification: Snowtification is a mobile application that allows snow removal contractors to notify clients when they are on their way to sweep their driveways. They provide an innovative communication platform for an industry unused to new technologies. This team won Startup Weekend Montreal, and is comprised of Ian Edington, Stephane Espinoza, and Nicolas Jolicoeur.
- Vybe: Vybe is Twitter meets Youtube, a seven-second screenshot of real-time events that allows for collaborative video journalism. It was founded by Ahmed Wassimy, and Jin Su Kim.