You are the friendliest, happiest, smiliest person on the face of this Earth. When you walk past, crying babies begin to burble. You call people and they hear a smile over the phone. Your emails cause people to forget their troubles. When friends ask for help, you’re always willing to lighten their load and brighten their day. You make the sun shine and the grass green and the birds sing. Akoha is a funded startup in Montreal developing a new type of social game. We’re a team of startup veterans from the Internet, venture capital and gaming communities in Montreal. Right now, we’re getting ready to launch a online and offline social game designed to make the world a better place. Although we’re in stealth mode, we’ve still garnered press coverage on TechCrunch, Mashable, VentureBeat, Worlds In Motion and Virtual Worlds News. We’ve also been awarded the 1st Runner Up Selection Prize for Canada’s Most Innovative Startup at the Canadian Innovation Exchange 2008. We’re looking for a Community Gardener who will help us grow and nurture a community of players, fans, and supporters of our game. You’re someone who lives and breathes the Internet. You’re creative. You’re influential. You use Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and Google Talk every day. You’re active in the blogosphere, producing your own blogs, videos, and podcasts. You love writing, listening, and learning. You think that communities, web applications, and the social web are powerful things. You’re passionate about giving people the tools to work together, online and offline, to build something greater than they could ever do individually. You want to change the world.
Full job description after the jump.
You’ll make sure our community is in the loop:
- Welcome new players.
- Respond promptly to players’ complaints and suggestions. Seek out answers and provide constant updates.
- Voice the community’s opinions inside of Akoha. You’ll be their advocate for their wants, needs, and concerns.
- Help players when they have questions. Give them the answers they need, in a prompt and friendly way.
- Gather, train, and encourage a community of enthusiastic players helping them in answering questions, solving problems, and advocating Akoha.
- Post regularly to our blog and forums. You’ll highlight player activity, help introduce new features, and comment on the powerful stories that our community creates.
- Communicate our roadmap, our plans, and our changes to the game as we introduce new features and bugfixes.
You’re responsible for growing a strong and vibrant community:
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a code of conduct that our users should adhere to.
- Create new in-game events. Organize virtual or real world player meetups.
- Identify and reward key players who are our power-users.
- Reach out and promote Akoha with key bloggers, influential personalities, and aid our players in spreading the Akoha message.
- Plan, produce, and develop social media campaigns to increase visibility with the public. You’ll use videos, podcasts, Skype teleconferences, and player meetups.
- Be the go-to girl or guy for our social media and grassroots marketing campaigns.
You’ll know the pulse of the game and our players:
- Track the performance of our online activities.
- Report metrics on blog and forum activity, customer acquisition, web analytics tools, and other measurement tools.
- Work with developers and testers to raise, track and follow up on customer support issues.
- Work with public relations and marketing to develop an Akoha voice that resonates with players.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Funny, smart, and industrious personality.
- Outstanding oral and written English.
- Serious, bordering on obsessive, passion for all things related to the Web.
- Web presence: a blog, YouTube channel, etc. WordPress skills are a bonus. Even better if you like take photos, upload videos, or make music.
- Experience developing an audience for your online profile gives you brownie points.
- Experience building online communities is a huge plus.
- Strong interest in social change, social games, Facebook games.
What Akoha offers you:
- Competitive compensation, including an incentive plan, benefits, and stock options.
- Playing arcade games with us on the company MAME machine.
- Free snack food and an introduction to our espresso machine. (Her name is Monica.)
- Optional Dress-Up Fridays. Every day is casual day, but sometimes you just have to rock out.
- Incredible co-workers who are fun and passionate about their jobs, just like you.
- Work with some of the leading change makers in the world who are fighting for the environment, battling poverty, funding education, improving health-care, and nurturing the arts.
- Rub shoulders with Internet media gurus, rock stars, and movie celebrities who will be working with our community.
Does this sound like the perfect job? Apply now.