Other than Conference headliner Rick Mercer at this year's CVCA Annual Conference in Ottawa on May 26-28th, the most interesting sesson should be end-of-day panel titled C100: Leveraging the Canadian Experience in Silicon Valley.
The panel will discuss the launch of C100 in Canada, their perspectives as Canadian entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, and public policy ideas to make innovation in North America happen with less friction.
C100 members are passionate about leveraging their collective experience, expertise and relationships to help mentor and grow a new generation of successful Canadian-led technology companies. Canada has over 250,000 Canadians in the Bay Area, including leaders in every major technology company. C100 is focused on turning “brain drain” into one of Canada’s most valuable national assets.
Chris Albinson, Managing Director of Panorama Capital, will be moderating a panel of C100 members that includes:
- Katherine Barr, Partner, Mohr Davidow Ventures
- Shaherose Charania, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Woman 2.0
- Matthew Clark, Senior Director, Start-up Engagement SEBT, Microsoft
- Stephane Dupont, Director, UBS Global Asset Management
- Geoff Perfect, Head of iPhone Sales, Apple
- Troy Young, President, VideoEgg
CVCA's Annual Conference is the premiere networking event for Canada’s venture industry and should attract 550+ attendees again this year. Register online if you're interested in attending.