DemoCamp Vancouver 11 is tonight and organizers are going back to DemoCamp's roots - so there will be no featured presentations. Here's the format:
- come in the door and post your demo idea on the board
- 30 minutes of meeting other attendees (promote your idea, get votes!)
- presentation process starts at 6:00pm
- 30 second elevator pitches by all presenters
- attendees vote on top 4
- we will have 4 x 6 minute talks (time limit enforced, includes feedback time!)
DemoCamp was envisioned by Toronto's David Crow four years ago as an alternative to Bar Camp.
A DemoCamp is a lighter-weight style of un-conference. A DemoCamp last only a few hours on a weekday evening, as opposed to a traditional BarCamp which would usually be a multi-day event and take place on a weekend. As such, they are easier to organize and tend to happen more frequently.
DemoCamp Vancouver 11 is at Ceili's Irish Pub at 670 Smithe Street. The doors open at 5:30pm and the presentation process starts at 6:00pm. Register for free online and look out for Jonathan Narvey's coverage of the event on Techvibes tomorrow.