DemoCampEdmonton7 took place last week and the lineup of presenting companies was solid. Five startups at various stages in their development demo'ed their wares:
- LeagueSmart - a recreational sports league management application.
- IdleTime - a service that aims to help you make money with your spare time.
- Tynt - a tracking tool that automatically adds a link back to the original page when your content is pasted.
- MapKat - a map-based service that lets you create a diary and slideshow of your trips and adventures.
- SnackPanda - an online ordering system for restaurants that do delivery.
The event also included a 'hack' demo - the concept explained by Mack Male in his recap of the event:
Tonight we did something new as well – a “hack” demo. The idea is to show one really rough project at each event. Reg and Sean started things off with TwitClipper, a bookmarklet service to tweet highlighted text via Twitter’s OAuth API. Impressively, it was built on the 3-hour drive down to Calgary for their last DemoCamp!
Two upcoming Edmonton Camps were annouced at the event - TransitCampEdmonton on May 30th and BarCampEdmonton2 on June 13th. If you're attending either and would like to cover for Techvibes, let us know in advance as we're still on the lookout for an Edmonton Community Manager.