The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) is presenting a series of one-day bootcamps in September for new media and wireless companies interested in pitching VCs in California.
The one-day program is part of the California Market Access Program for Canadian Technology Companies and will feature experienced investors from both the Silicon Valley and San Diego markets, and is specifically designed to help facilitate access to the California market. The scheduled dates across Western Canada include:
- Wednesday, September 9th - Winnipeg
- Thursday, September 10th - Saskatoon
- Friday, September 11th - Calgary
- Monday, September 14th - Vancouver
- Tuesday, September 15th - Victoria
Pitch Preparation topics will include:
- What are California investors looking for?
- Presenting your go to market strategy and your business model. Is your business fundable?
- How to effectively present the problem, the opportunity and the solution.
- Presenting who’s on your team, establishing credibility etc.
- How to present your evaluation of the competition.
Following the Regional Boot Camp, organizers will identify the early stage companies with the best chances for success in California and they'll be invited to participate in formal pitching sessions which are scheduled to take place in both Silicon Valley and San Diego.
Deadline for applications is August 21st - so apply online today.