The BCIC-New Ventures Competition: 2011 has officially opened for applications. You have until April 18 to enter for your chance to win a share of the more than $360,000 in prizes, including prizes new to this year: the $15,000 Vancity Social Venture Prize and two prizes for Agricultural technologies,valued at $30,000 and $20,000.
The competition dates and seminar schedule are set and now it’s up to you to invest $200 in your technology business idea and learn how to develop it into a profitable company.
The competition is open to any B.C resident or business with a technology-focused idea that has not yet secured "significant financing from external investors" (such investors other than friends, family, and company founders).
Also, business education seminars, open to both the public and competition applicants, will take place in Vancouver at the SFU Beedie School of Business beginning April 4.
You can register today to:
- Learn from BC business experts
- Network with professionals in business, law, finance, government, and academia
- Improve your business and strategies during each round of competition
- Receive advice and insight from mentors in Round 3
- Present your condensed business plan to a panel of angel investors, venture capitalists, and industry experts in Round 4
But wait... there's more! Techvibes, on behalf of New Ventures BC, is giving away five free seminar passes. So how do you win? It's a race: be one of the first five people to tweet this:
Tweet: Turn $200 into 6 figures in prizes for your BC tech #startup. Register today in the 2011 @nvbc Competition via @techvibes http://ht.ly/4bg46
A tweet and you're in—simple as that. Better hurry!