Nine Canadian digital media companies were named finalists for the Canadian Digital Media Network Moonshot Awards today.
The inaugural awards break down into four categories: Digital Media Dynamic Company of the Year, Digital Media Globalizer of the Year, Innovator of the Year, and overall company of the year.
The dynamic award recognizes the Canadian company demonstrating the greatest increase in productivity through the adoption of digital media; the globalizer award recognizes a Canadian company that demonstrates the greatest increase in international sales, investments or other contributions to the growth of the Canadian digital media industry internationally; and the innovator award recognizes the Canadian company demonstrating the greatest degree of innovation through the adoption of digital media. The company of the year award recognizes the greatest contribution to the growth of Canada's digital media industry.
Here are the finalists:
1. CDMN Digital Media Dynamic Company of the Year
- Magnet Forensics: developer of the Internet Evidence Finder which has allowed the world’s top law enforcement, military and corporate organizations to recover evidence like instant messaging chats, social media artifacts and web history.
- Vidyard: a platform designed to help organizations embrace digital media as a central resource for all marketing initiatives and transform how businesses drive growth through video.
- TalentEgg Inc: an online job board and career resource designed to help students and recent graduates in Canada find meaningful careers with top employers.
2. CDMN Digital Media Globalizer of the Year
- Axonify: an employee training process that is transforming the way corporate enterprise trains their employees.
- Desire2Learn: an education platform helping to transform the way the world learns by helping clients break down barriers to access the highest quality learning experiences.
- Zighra: an emerging leader in the crowd-sourced mobile authentication space that builds innovative solutions to leverage the mobile technology and crowd-sourced intelligence of consumers to reduce costs associated with fraud in high-risk and high-value transaction environments.
3. CDMN Digital Media Innovator of the Year
- Miovision Technologies: creates intelligent solutions to address the challenges facing today’s global transportation networks through its Adaptive Signal Control, which automatically adjusts traffic signals based on real-time demand of vehicles and pedestrians.
- Voices.com: a website that connects businesses like radio and television stations, advertising agencies and Fortune 500 companies to search for, audition and hire voice actors.
- Bionik Laboratories: a state-of-the-art medical technology company that provides advanced healthcare solutions for patients with restricted physical development.
4. CDMN Digital Media Company of the Year
Finalists for the CDMN Digital Media Company of the Year are Desire2Learn, Vidyard, Magnet Forensics Inc., Axonify and Miovision.
The winners will be determined by a panel of judges including Kevin Newman, CTV Host and founder of New Man Media; Sid Paquette, Director at OMERS Ventures; Terry Stuart, Deloitte Canada’s Chief Innovation Officer; April Dunford, RocketScope Managing Director and Founder; and Dr. Kevin Tuer, CDMN Managing Director.
The winners will be announced at the CDMN Canada 3.0 Conference in Toronto on May 14.