Five youth entrepreneurs will be given the opportunity to showcase their startup to a panel of esteemed judges and 300 of Canada’s top student leaders.
The winners will announced during the closing gala of the Impact National Conference and will walk away with more than $25,000 in prizes.
Applications have closed and five youth entrepreneurs that are in the running to become Canada's Next Great Startup. They are:
Alex Karasyov - 500px
- 500px is a photographic community powered by creative people from all over the world that lets you share and discover inspiring photographs.
Alqadir Dhalla - GotJobs
- Gotjobs is a next generation recruiting company that is focused on the needs of young jobseekers and the companies that hire them. Using some rather unique and credible assessments metrics Gotjobs allows employers to quickly identify the strongest and best fit candidates from a large pool of applicants. But in the spirit of fair-trade it gives back to the young jobseekers, allowing them to learn about their work styles and identify positions where they are a great match.
Julian Brass - NotableTV
- Notable, is Canada’s online lifestyle and entertainment hub for young professionals. We connect 25-39 year old Canadian’s with the places, products and people that they should know about through blogs, event listings, video content, social media, and newsletters.
Anoop Aulakh - QuikPiq
- QuikPiq is a web & mobile application that allows you to ask your social network for help in making decision by creating image based polls from wherever you are. With QuikPiq you simply take a picture of each item you’re choosing between, and your Facebook & Twitter friends vote by clicking on either image. You get results to your phone/computer in real time! We are currently in beta.
Vincent Cheung - Shape Collage
- Shape Collage Inc. is a digital media software company that produces software for taking hundreds of your photos and automatically creating photo collages in different shapes, such as a heart, word, or logo. In the past 18 months since its inception, the Shape Collage software program has been downloaded over 2.5 Million times from users in 200 countries, generates a six-figure revenue, and the patent-pending technology has been licensed to the largest online photo printing company in Europe.
Congrats to the finalists and good luck on Saturday!