The Canadian Financing Forum is being held today at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. It matches North American corporate and venture capital investors with entrepreneurs.
This is the 14th anniversary of the Canadian Financing Forum in Vancouver, but the first that the organizers of the Banff Venture Forum have been at the helm.
From Calgary, presenting companies included:
- Chaordix, offering crowdsourcing for innovation, market research and brand loyalty
- Intelliview, a smart video surveillance system
- Myotis Wireless, low power, high performance radios
- Userful, multiseat linux desktop virtualization
Alberta also had a company from Edmonton present:
- Datagardens, next generation business continuity
Highlights from the day included a keynote from Steve Munford, the CEO of Sophos, talking about the journey from start-up to mega-exit. TechVibes will follow up with each of the participating Alberta companies to share their feedback from the day.