The full line-up of speakers has been released for the 2011 Game Design Expo at the Vancouver Film School.
The highlights of the list are keynotes from Rovio Mobile, the makers of Angry Birds, the all-time bestselling iPhone game, and Blizzard Entertainment, the creators of World of Warcraft. Tickets for these keynotes, part of Industry Speaker Day (Saturday, January 22nd), are available now.
As well, designers behind products like Dead Space 2, Tron: Evolution, True Crime: Hong Kong, and Halo Waypoint, as well as PlayStation Move and Microsoft Kinect will be speaking on Saturday.
“We’re incredibly excited to be welcoming these speakers and companies to Vancouver,” says Dave Warfield, Head of VFS Game Design and the host of Game Design Expo 2011, in a press release. “Whether you’ve worked in the game industry for years or you’re just starting out, you never stop learning. Games like Angry Birds and World of Warcraft offer countless lessons to us all.”
The full list of speakers on Industry Speaker Day is as follows:
- Jaakko Iisalo/Matthew Wilson, Senior Game Designer/Marketing Manager, Rovio Mobile (Angry Birds)
- Jeff O'Connell/Mike Skupa, Lead Producer/Lead Designer, United Front Games (True Crime: Hong Kong)
- Anton Mikhailov, Software Engineer, Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Move)
- Paul Parsons, Senior Game Designer, 343 Industries (Halo Waypoint)
- Mitchell Lagran, Designer, most recently of Rockstar Games Vancouver (Max Payne 3)
- Alan Shen, Senior Design Program Manager, Microsoft (Kinect)
- Jonathan Gallina, Lead Game Designer, Propaganda Games (Tron: Evolution)
- Seth Marinello, Level Designer, Visceral Games (Dead Space 2)
- Cory Stockton, Lead Content Designer, Blizzard Entertainment (World of Warcraft)
The Game Design Expo takes place January 22nd–23rd, 2011, at the Vancity Theatre. For more information, check out the event’s website here.