Startups were required to either build their app on Google platforms including Android, Chrome, and YouTube, or port an existing iOS or BlackBerry app version to a Google platform, as part of the application process.
Today, five startups were chosen for a four-month residency, which grants them a workspace to work out of and access to several thousand dollars in Google Cloud Platform credits, as well as free API quota to Google products for 12 months and an increased API requests for Places per day.
In addition to a workspace to work out of, they also access several thousand dollars in Google Cloud Platform credits, free API quota to Google products for 12 months, and an increased API requests for Places per day.
Here are the five startups:
- Juma Management: ”Our app StyleID is a style identifier that cross references items you see on TV and tells where you can purchase it.”
- Blank: “I’ve been working full-time on an experimental Chrome + Cloud application since January of 2013.”
- Eventswoop: ”We are an early stage mobile focused events company that is currently bootstrapped…Our goal for 2014 is to automate and streamline the event app creation process for event organizers.”
- RMF Industries: “We are building an immersive first person web documentary as a Google Chrome experiment…Our core business is making a 3D previsualization tool for film makers.”
- iNot for profit: ”We create donation mobile apps to help non-profits, charities and NGOs connect, fundraise and engage in today’s online world.”