This week Mobify released a report called "50 Must-Know Mobile Commerce Statistics and Facts."
We've handpicked 11 of our favourite as shown below. Check out all 50 here.
1. 70% of tablet users expect a website to load in two seconds or less.
2. 30% of mobile shoppers abandon a transaction if the experience is not mobile optimized.
3. Tablet users spend 50% more than desktop users.
4. 88% of people agree that owning a mobile device with real-time info makes them more spontaneous with shopping; spontaneity plays a role in 81% of smartphone purchases.
5. More than half of tablet users now prefer shopping on their tablet over a PC.
6. Mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all internet traffic.
7. 57% of users won't recommend a business with a bad mobile site and 41% turn to competitors after poor mobile experiences.
8. 58% of consumers in North America now own a smartphone.
9. 57% of mobile customers will abandon a site if they have to wait three seconds for a page to load.
10. There are now more than 1.2 billion people accessing the web from mobile devices.
11. Mobile web adoption is growing eight times faster than web adoption did in the 1990s.