Five youth entrepreneurs will be given the opportunity to showcase their startup to a panel of esteemed judges and 300 of Canada’s top student leaders. The pitches will be presented by startups in a variety of industries, from social non-profit to technology-based firms.
The winners will announced during the closing gala of the Impact National Conference and will walk away with more than $25,000 in prizes.
So, who can apply? All award applicants for the 2010 Canada's Next Great Startup must adhere to the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between the ages of 16 – 30 (as of October 17th, 2010).
- Be the founder and controlling shareholder/owner of their company and principally responsible for its operation.
- Must have been in business for a minimum of the 3 months and a maximum of 3 years (as of October 17th, 2010).
- Must NOT have undergone any formal rounds of funding (VC, Angel, etc.) above $100,000.
- Must be able to present at the final round of competition held at the Impact National Conference in Westin Harbour Castle located in downtown Toronto on Saturday, November 13th, 2010.