After a long hiatus, Launch Party Vancouver is back on June 17th at the Roundhouse in Yaletown to kick off the summer season. This time around they've got a bigger venue, some special guests flying in, and today they announced the eight Vancouver-based startups that will be demoing their wares for the masses.
- FundRazr: ConnectionPoint's flagship product, FundRazr, was created to take away the pain and frustration of volunteer organizers who struggle to collect fees and run fundraising campaigns for the organizations they love.
- Unbounce: Unbounce is a self-serve hosted solution that provides marketers the means to easily create, publish and test landing pages without IT or software. What would normally take days or weeks can be done in hours or even minutes using Unbounce. If a marketer can use Power Point, they can use Unbounce.
- Ayogo: Ayogo is a studio that creates innovative gaming experiences enjoyed on social networks and mobile platforms. Most importantly, they help content creators and rights holders build new revenue streams and new audiences for their content.
- Contractually: Contractually makes contracts easy for web-savvy small businesses. Prepare, negotiate and organize your contracts – all within a secure web application. Think FreshBooks or Basecamp for simple contract management. Contractually is from the team behind LexPublica.
- Mobio Identity Systems: Mobio is the developer of an innovative identity platform that enables secure convenient payment and identity-based services via smartphones. The Mobio platform leverages 2D Barcodes to enable quick deployment of its identity and payment services through traditional media including print, billboards, TV, and Internet. Mobio provides services to retailers, advertisers, payment providers, Point of Sale partners, financial institutions and consumers.
- mainsocial: More than a million people have used mainsocial's social web apps. mainsocial will be demoing some of their popular games, and a self-moderating community tool that has been instrumental in their crowdsourcing efforts. mainsocial is led by Ben Nevile - the creator of the Facebook App Hockey Pool, the most popular sports-based application on the platform.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs is a cutting edge GPS track management platform that allows you to relive your adventures in 3D. Breadcrumbs makes life easy: you can upload your GPS data, photos and videos, see them aligned on the path you traveled, and share with your friends. Breadcrumbs gives you the benefits of Flickr, Youtube and Google Earth in one - a single place to organize your adventures.
- CellMap: CellMap has created several world-class iPhone apps for companies such as Canpages, ZipLocal, Fluid, and Fjord. This year they launched their CellTouch platform which has had early success with ChicWalks (Vancouver Fashion Walks) getting featured by Apple and mobile Globe 2010 conference program reaching thousands of BlackBerry toting visitors.
Tickets for Launch Party Vancouver 9 are $20 and include a drink, appetizers, and entertainment. Register online today.