Sitemasher is in search for a Lead Tester to join our organization on a Permanent Full-time basis. This individual will be driving and implementing test automation projects as well as mentoring 2-3 testers and ensuring that development is driven in a test-oriented manner. What we like the most though is that you also have an unbelievable record for bug mashing!
Sitemasher is a start-up company focused on moving websites from the server room to the conference room by creating an innovative SaaS product for building, managing, optimizing, & hosting sophisticated websites, without the need for programming. What does this mean? It means forget everything you know about building & maintaining websites & start Mashing!
The company’s culture is an invigorating and stimulating environment with smart colleagues and challenging/flexible work, giving all of us the opportunity to do some of the best work of our careers. Located in the fabulous and trendy Kitsilano area, we also strive to take on an environmental and socially responsible mentality. Our ideal candidate is an individual that embraces these ideals, is a creative, multi-dimensional person who just wants to get to business and would jump at the chance to join a “Work Hard, Play Hard” team.
Welcome to a new era….
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality requirements and acceptance criteria exist for each new feature
- Ensure that quality designs and work breakdowns (feature plan) exist for each new feature
- Monitor burn-down charts and flag deviations from plan
- Identify and flag project risks as they arise
- Drive the creation of new automated test tools for web applications
- Test case design, creation, execution and management
- Report test results, status updates, and issues
- Assist with defect triage – assess defect risk/severity and push for fixes accordingly
- Mentor a small team of junior test engineers
- Suggest and take responsibility for new testing projects
- Work effectively with the rest of the development team in a high-speed, innovative environment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field of study (or equivalent experience)
- Expert level of knowledge of automated software testing techniques and tools
- Expert level of knowledge in formal software testing methods and practices
- Experience leading teams of 2 – 4 testers/engineers
- Experience getting work done with off-site resources
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
If this is an ideal position for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Courtney at Jobs@sitemasher.com.