Yesterday LinkedIn Corporation reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2011.
The world's largest professional network on the Internet now has with more than 150 million members and continues to grow at a rapid clip.
Last month LinkedIn announced that it has reached the milestone of five million members in Canada. This means that one in six Canadians are now on LinkedIn. Today LinkedIn announced the breakdown by city across Canada.
- Toronto: more than 1.2 million (approximately 1 in 5)
- Montreal: more than 500,000 (approximately 1 in 4)
- Ottawa: more than 200,000 (approximately 1 in 6)
- Vancouver: more than 350,000 (approximately 1 in 6)
- Calgary: more than 250,000 (approximately 1 in 5)
“LinkedIn has experienced phenomenal growth in the Canadian market this past year, adding more than two million new members in 12 months. Needless to say, we’re thrilled to reach this milestone,” said Brian Church, country manager for LinkedIn Canada. “Canadians clearly understand that LinkedIn is an invaluable tool for advancing career goals, establishing a personal brand and developing a professional network. We’re very excited to see what 2012 will bring.”
Image: nan palmero