Extreme Startups has announced the five companies that will take part in its 2nd cohort culminating with a demo day on November 28th. The lucky startups and their business model in a sentence:
- Kera lets you build in-app tutorials that can interact with page elements like buttons, text inputs and forms.
- Picatic is a crowd-funding platform for the event ticketing and management space.
- MyShoebox provides unlimited free photo backup and access to your photos anywhere.
- Shifthub is a SaaS-based shift scheduling platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Venio provides a platform to help users create and plan healthy meals.
Similar to GrowLab on the West Coast, Toronto's Extreme Startups has also put aside some space for promising young companies to work alongside this cohort.
Extreme Startups new 'preccelerator' will provide free coworking space and other perks for five startups that didn't quite make the cut for the 2nd cohort. These companies are Bebedo, Brika, MommiesFirst, Pictoreo, and Relay.
Extreme Startups is a tech accelerator providing up to $200,000 per company, a collaborative environment, and deep access with companies so that accepted startups can integrate the tools they need from the ground up.