A true Internet success story, Nexopia was born in the dark of a cold Edmonton winter only to rise to become Canada’s largest social networking site for youth. With over 1.2 million members, and hundreds of new accounts created every day, Nexopia is quickly solidifying its reputation as the online place for teens to connect and express themselves. Nexopia.com is searching for a motivated and innovative QA Lead to perform and manage all aspects of product testing throughout the development lifecycle in order to assure quality and pinpoint flaws in the final product before it goes public. You will work closely with the development team and will play a vital role in product development and release. Responsibilities:
- Participate in and/or lead project testing by organizing test structures and processes
- Develop test plans and conduct testing, release and maintenance
- Work with development team and provide critical feedback throughout the development lifecycle
- Prepare and implement appropriate quality assurance measures to mitigate potential risk; identify, report and track issues, and make strategic recommendations
- Manage workflow and prioritize tasks in an agile, fast paced environment
- Document and communicate status of defects in coordination with other key functions in the development, both IT and customer service focus
- Execute policy management for subversion repository with assistance from Internal IT
- Participate in strategic planning on projects to ensure quality standards are met
- 3 + years testing experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience with testing methodologies and processes
- Experience with version control software such as CVS, Perforce, and Subversion is preferred
- Experience in a mixed computing environment, including Windows, Macs, and Linux.
- Knowledge of software development is a defined asset, especially if experience includes C, C++, Ruby, or PHP
- Familiarity with functionality of web sites and applications is an asset
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work alone and in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, fluent in English
Nexopia.com Inc takes care of its staff. A competitive salary, equity, medical benefits, and 3 weeks paid vacation are just the beginning of the perks you can expect from us. Salary figure will be decided based on experience and qualifications. The successful candidate must pass an Edmonton Police Service Security clearance check as a condition or their employment with Nexopia.com Inc To join our team, submit a resume and cover letter citing the career posting to: email@example.com.