BCTIA's 2012 Technology Impact Awards are going on right now.
We're here, and we can inform you that Ryan Holmes, founder of Invoke Media and CEO of HootSuite, has won Person of the Year.
Congratulations, Ryan! Well deserved. Ryan was a runner-up in the 2011 Canadian Startup Awards for Entrepreneur of the Year and his startup, HootSuite, was a runner-up for Best Overall Startup of the Year.
UPDATE: Ryan Holmes also took home the "Chuck Norris Cougar Bait Award" at tonight's TIAs.
UPDATE II: Here are the rest of tonight's winners:
• The Community Engagement award at the TIAs goes to ParetoLogic.
• The Emerging Company of the Year award at the TIAs goes to Tasktop Technologies.
• The Most Promising Startup Award at the TIAs goes to Kashoo.
• The Adoption of Technology awards at the TIAs goes to Webtech Wireless and Troyer Ventures.
• The Excellence in Product Innovation award at the TIAs goes to Recon Instruments.
• The Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology Award goes to LungPacer Medical.
• CounterPath wins Team of the Year award.
• The Company of the Year Award goes to Avigilon.