Social Media Week is coming to Vancouver this September and local organizers are busy looking for potential speakers, venues, sponsors, and volunteers to help out. Social Media Week Vancouver is being produced in partnership with Socialized! Ltd.
Social Media Week's mission is to explore how local and regional societies, cultures, and economies are becoming more integrated & empowered through a global network of communication.
While the agenda isn't set in stone, Socialized!'s Shane Gibson identified seven major topics (or summits) in a blog post last week:
- Social Good: how social media is being used in non-profit, charity, sustainability and community efforts.
- Enterprise 2.0: executives and marketing teams share their stories in using social media from a large enterprise perspective.
- Open Government: how social media is being used by all levels of government.
- Real Estate: best practices in social media and technology use for real estate agents, developers and other stakeholders in the sector.
- Mobile and Apps: mobile apps, location based applications and how to use them to reach and interact with today’s highly mobile audience.
- Accountability: ethics, legal implications, transparency and the use of social media for public companies.
- Social Media 101: The basics - how to get started right on Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, YouTube and other leading platforms.
In addition to the larger "summit" events Social Media Week in Vancouver will consist of smaller mashups, meetups, tweetups, and parties.
There are multiple ways in which you can participate in Social Media Week. Hosting an event or speaking on a panel is free; however, if you would like to work more closely with the Social Media Week Vancouver team on content curation, speaker selection or if you are looking for additional visibility for your company and/or brand, then consider a paid sponsorship opportunity.
If you're interested in speaking during Social Media Week remember that preference will be given to local success stories in the hopes of sharing best practices and promoting home grown talent globally.
Fill out the form on this page to get involved.