Launch Party 2012 in Calgary saw more than 350 attendees. Hosted by Startup Calgary, the event awarded freshly launched startups in categories such as "most likely to raise a venture capital round" and "most likely to make a splash in Silicon Valley."
Here's the full list of winners.
• Startup with coolest mobile app: SimplySolar
• Most boot-strapped venture: Tiny Plots
• Most promising startup concept: Eventswoop
• Venture most likely to raise an angel round: Merchee
• Most likely to leverage technology for commercial success: POSH View
• Venture most likely to raise a VC round: Osprey Informatics
• Venture prepping to go to market: Stroke Link
• Startup most likely to make a splash in Silicon Valley: FastCab
• Best geo-technology startup: Invici Technologies
• A100 “One to watch” award: FastCab
Startups that participated but didn't win include Kidoodle, Qoture, Yellowjacket Software, Tapestry Systems, PayLab, and ScheduleBox.
Next Wednesday is a Post-Launch Party at the Melrose Cafe and Bar, hosted by the AcceleratorYYC team.