Speaking of Quebec being an all ‘round great place for technology companies, the Canadian New Media Awards has announced that among their record-setting number of applicants this year, Quebec and francophone entries also reached record-setting levels, comprising 25 per cent of the entrants — 15 out of 60.
The CNMA is a part of nextMEDIA Toronto, “Canada’s leading forum for the convergence of all forms of digital media,” taking place November 29th to 30th at the Design Exchange in Toronto. The CNMA gala ceremony will be held December 1st.
“Québec and our francophone neighbours have featured prominently in this year’s nominations,” said Jory Groberman, executive director of nextMEDIA, in a press release. “The province is a hotbed for fresh talent and creative enterprise, and their achievements and innovation continue to grow each year.”
The complete list of Quebec and francophone applicants are as follows:
- Benoit Beauséjour, Turbulent Media (Developer of the Year)
- CTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympiques.ca: Canada’s Olympic Digital Olympic Destination, CTV (Best Online Portal)
- En Audition Avec Simon, a_media (Best Online Program, Series or Film)
- Frima Studio (Company of the Year)
- Gilette Proglide, Proximity Canada (Best Online Advertising)
- Guinevere Ovris, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Digital Media Woman of the Year)
- Le Tapis Rose de Catherine, Le Productions Rose Nanan (Best in Canadian Culture – Interactive)
- My Life Me / 3etMoi, CarpeDiem Film & TV Inc. (Best Kids Interactive)
- Nadia G. (Nadi Giosia), www.BitchinLifestyle.tv (Digital Media Woman of the Year)
- Phillippe Lemarre, TOXA (Producer of the Year)
- Pocheville.ca, Motel Bigoudi, Inpix and Nicolas Dubé (Community Campaign of the Year)
- RemYx, Vivavision (Best Online Program, Series or Film)
- RoboMath / RoboMatique, Canadian Space Agency and Project Whitecard Inc. (Best Kids Interactive)
- Tourism Montréal – Montréal Buzz, Sid Lee (Best Online Advertising)
- Yann Paquet, Reader’s Digest (Executive of the Year)
For more information on the CNMA and nextMEDIA, visit nextMEDIA website here.