TD Canada Trust this week announced its new ATMs, which feature touch screens, envelope-free deposits, and the ability to view scanned cheque images and itemized cash on the transaction receipt.
TD is the first bank to launch envelope-free and image-enabled touch screen ATMs across Canada.
"We're very excited to unveil our new ATMs which give our customers quick access to cash and make depositing at the ATM faster and more convenient," said Jim Grimmer, Head of North American ATM, TD.
As part of the initial rollout, TD will install 25 new envelope-free and image-enabled ATMs in nine locations across Canada and plans to update all other Canadian ATMs by the end of 2015. 25 new ATMs will be installed in the following locations this month:
- King and Bay Concourse - 55 King Street West, Toronto
- Highway 7 and Pine Valley - 4499 Highway 7, Woodbridge
- Milverton and Highway 10 - 20 Milverton Drive, Mississauga
- Springdale Square Shopping Centre - 55 Mountain Ash Road, Brampton
- Finch and McCowan - 1571 Sandhurst Circle Scarborough
- Lasalle - 8459 Boul. Newman Lasalle
- Jean-Talon and Querbes - 525 Rue Jean Talon O, Montreal
- Galeries Leger - 6168 Henri Bourassa Blvd. E, Montreal
- TD Tower Pacific Centre - 700 W Georgia Street, Vancouver
"We know customers will appreciate the convenience and added assurance of having a photographic record of their deposit. Our new ATM receipts will make organizing bank deposits easier and give our customers peace of mind in knowing their cheques and cash have been received safely and securely," added Grimmer.
TD Canada Trust was the first bank in Canada to rollout ATMs in 1976 and to date has more than 2,800 ATMs across the country. In 2012, TD customers deposited more than 40 million cheques using a TD ATM.