TechWomen Canada has announced the companies that have been accepted into the TechWomen Canada program in San Francisco, running May 13 to 16.
TechWomen Canada is run by the Canadian Consulate and is focused on providing Canadian women leaders in the ICT sector an opportunity to expand both professional and business networks in Silicon Valley.
The program brings approximately 21 companies from across Canada together with tech leaders, Venture Capital firms and potential corporate partners for three days of one-to-one meetings, workshops, panels and networking events in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
Each of the following participants will have the opportunity to work directly with industry experts offering advice, guidance and introductions that can enhance and accelerate business plans, technology strategies and overall company growth.
- ePACT Network - LinkedIn for emergencies, connecting organizations and families through any crisis.
- Chaordix - Crowdsourcing programs help the world's leading organizations gain market research, brand loyalty and innovation.
- MaRS Innovation - Commercializes the most promising research breakthroughs from 16 of Toronto’s top universities, institutions and research institutes.
- Axonify - Combining the latest in brain science with the art of gaming.
- Semadic - Online and mobile social commerce applications.
- Addictive Mobility - Behavioural targeting using social lens to understand real-time social media activity.
- April Age - Software for demonstrating the effects of aging on a person's face and to illustrate the effects of smoking, sun exposure, and obesity.
- BeanEvo - User-friendly accounts payable SaaS aiming to cut the time and costs of invoicing.
- Decode Global - Games for Global Good.
- MyBestHelper - Where families find amazing helpers.
- EthicalDeal - Greener choices for everyday living for up to 70% off.
- Scholarlab - Educational pedagogy combined with revolutionary multimedia technology that takes online learning to a whole new level.
- CardSwap - Free gift cards and cash-back savings on everyday purchases.
- Mejuri - Online jewelry platform.
- Splice Software - Keep in contact with customers automatically, but with a human touch.
- BeauCoo - Community for women that makes it easy to discover styles, brands and stores.
- Mathtoons Media - Makes practicing math feel like a game.
- Reframe Marketing - Branding, creative events, creative promotions, design and strategic marketing that drive measurable results for your business.
- Voices.com - Voice-Over Marketplace for Voice-Over Talent.
- ShopLocket - Sell anything from anywhere.
- CanWit - National volunteer organization that encourages young women to consider a career in a technology field.
Vancouver startup ePACT Network was among the 20 companies selected. ePACT coounder and COO Kirsten Koppang Telford shared her excitement in a press release: "To be selected to participate in the TechWomen program is such a privilege. The opportunity to speak with such successful and influential leaders in the Valley will be incredibly valuable for both our company and product plans."