From mobile apps to social networking platforms, software is driving our world right now.
Using data compiled by Business in Vancouver, I recently assembled a list of the 5 software companies employing the most people in BC. However, in doing this I noticed that all the companies were fairly old, the most recent one having been established in 1993. Here, I look at software companies founded only in 2000 or later (and again, this list excludes video game developers). I identify whether the comapny has downsized from last year (–), maintained its headcount (=), or grown its staff (+), plus note the year it was founded. The software trend continues: growth is common and downsizes are nowhere to be seen.
1. Vision Critical, founded in 2000, employs 237. (+)
2. CDC Software, founded in 2002, employs 76. (+)
3. Atimi Software, founded in 2000, employs 68. (+)
4. UNIT4, founded in 2000, employs 68. (–)
5. Clevest Solutions, founded in 2002, employs 65. (+)