Techvibes is excited to announce the First Annual Canadian Startup Awards.
Presented by KPMG, the awards are meant to be an annual celebration of startups and technology. And it's up to you to nominate (and then vote for) the most deserving startups, founders, and investors across 6 categories.
Here are the award categories:
- Best Overall Canadian Startup of 2011 – Recognizing the best startup in Canada for its outstanding accomplishments in 2011.
- Best New Canadian Startup of 2011 – Recognizing the best startup in Canada that launched in 2011 for its outstanding accomplishments.
- Canadian VC of 2011 – Recognizing the Canadian venture capitalist who has made the most significant impact this year.
- Canadian Angel of 2011 – Recognizing the Canadian angel investor who has made the most significant impact this year.
- Canadian Entrepreneur of 2011 – Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of an exemplary Canadian entrepreneur.
- Most Significant Canadian Acquisition of 2011 – Recognizing the biggest acquisition of a Canadian startup this year.
Until the end of this year we will be accepting nominations via Twitter, email and comments. If you would like to make a nomination on Twitter be sure to include the hashtag #StartupAwards and our handle @techvibes. Sample tweet:
"@techvibes I nominate @Radian6 for the Most Significant Canadian Acquisition of 2011 #StartupAwards"
Email nominations can be sent confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments can be added to this blog post below through Disqus.
On Tuesday, January 3rd we'll announce the finalists for each category and open it up for public voting for two weeks.
On Friday, January 20th we'll announce the winners.