Want to win $15,000 for your startup, 1 year of office space and receive mentorship from senior Microsoft employees? Apply for this year’s Cloud Startup Challenge
The Cloud Startup Challenge is striving to motivate Canadian startups to build the next big web based application that uses at least one Microsoft technology or service. Hosted at the national head office, Microsoft is hosting a five-day challenge has three main components:
- Guest speakers: the five finalists chosen will hear from VC’s, angel investors, developers and entrepreneurs.
- Building a prototype: teams get 72 hours to develop a prototype for a web app.
- Pitches: After learning from speakers, building a prototype, being mentored from Microsoft employees, startups present their app to judges.
Open source software can be used in collaboration with Microsoft products including Windows Azure, ASP.NET and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, to name a few.
Prizes include $15,000 in cash, 1 year of office space courtesy of the Rostie Group, press coverage and much more!
- Due date for submission: May 27, 2011 (TODAY!)
- Finalists determined: May 31, 2011
- The challenge is being held from June 6-10.
To learn more on eligibility, judging criteria and more, visit http://cloudstartupchallenge.cloudapp.net.