In late September, we reported that a new incubator was launching in Toronto called [IN]cubes. This week, [IN]cubes opened its doors to its first class of seven outstanding Toronto Startups.
“After pouring over the initial gathering of talent and applications, we managed to narrow it down to forty finalists,” says Ben Zlotnik, founder and CEO at [IN]cubes. “From this group, we met face-to-face with every team for a detailed interview where we went through their technology, business models and long term goals. From the final forty, we chose our top seven, a truly amazing group!”
Here is the list of the first seven [IN]cubes startups:<
- Soco (Socially Collaborative Media) - The first online platform where videographers, filmmakers, editors, and on-camera talent can come together to create a production.
- 2.5 - An open platform for cities, governments, and NGOs around the world to gather civic data and distribute for use in third party apps.
- FB Power - A Facebook marketing training product.
- 23press - Making blogging easier for the more than 70 million Wordpress blogs out there.
- Gossipz - A Facebook App that allows opt-in users to gossip anonymously on their friend’s walls.
- Rehabit - An app that uses online social connection to re-enforce good habits and rid bad ones.
- Splently - A B2B and B2C service that offers a way to make store receipts digital and turn them into a marketing and customer rewards tool.