If you are in the Kitchener-Waterloo area tomorrow drop by the Velocity project exhibition at the University of Waterloo. 16 start ups created by students will have booths set up and their creators on hand to demo their web/mobile business. The exhibition is happening today, Tuesday, March 31st from 10:30am – 2:30pm in the Student Life Center at the University of Waterloo. Company pitches will be held from 12:00 - 1:00pm. Admission is free.
Below is the official list and a brief description of the companies that will be presenting.
- CashIn: Transforming the wallet from something used to store financial instruments into a portable, personal financial, adviser that fits seamlessly into your everyday life.
- Color the Net: A social networking application where users interact by drawing together in real time.
- Course Qualifier: Finds you the best possible schedule you've ever had.
- InformInvesting: Collect and enhance financial information as it becomes available. Share views about company news and information. Access advanced tools for financial statement analysis previously accessible to paying customers only.
- Say More: Bridging learners from the classroom to the real world.
- Sakura River Interactive: Choose your own adventure games.
- Storeneto.com: Gives users the ability to create their own MiniStores and sell goods from other e-commerce services.
- Kwik.ly: A unique cross platform service which allows for a quick exchange of contact information between individuals and/or groups.
- NeverBored Studios: 2D adventure/puzzle game for the iPhone/iPod Touch where players guide their insect-like companions through a mysterious forest.
- Unsynced: Unsynced will put your life in your pocket, letting you take your digital world with you wherever you go.
- SingleOnCampus.com: Where students can meet on campus, through organized events targeted at singles.
- GreenStream: Cash management software for small businesses
- VirutalPhone: A unique remote access service that allows mobile users to access their phone from any phone, anywhere in the world.
- Cheaptonight.com: Your official source for daily food and entertainment specials at your favorite bars and restaurants.