Wavefront announced yesterday that it has doubled the size of its accelerator centre and has a limited number of new incubator office spaces available for wireless entrepreneurs.
Thanks to $11.6 million in new federal funding through the Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) Program, Wavefront is expanding to 14,000 square feet on the 14th floor of 1055 West Hastings Street in Vancouver.
Wavefront is currently seeking innovative wireless start-ups to join its accelerator centre in downtown Vancouver.
In addition to standard office amenities and top-notch IT infrastructure, Wavefront provides on-site access to a suite of commercialization services aimed at getting wireless companies to market faster, including:
- 300+ mobile handsets and tablets for testing
- State-of-the-art mobile network test lab
- Usability test lab and services
- Waveguide™ executive and technical training
- Strategic business and technical advice from industry experts
- Networking and matchmaking opportunities, locally, nationally and globally
From shared desk space to private offices, Wavefront offers rental packages starting from $250/month. Interested wireless companies are asked to apply for incubator office space at Wavefront by May 13th, with occupancy targeted for June 2011.