PeerFX is an online peer-to-peer currency exchange in its start up phase and is currently hiring for an individual passionate about the area and who can contribute their insights to make our tech strategies more efficient. You will manage the imbalance issues with the PeerFX system and work with marketing and finance representatives to plan fund flows in and out PeerFX.
The tech strategy will be a crucial factor when the company goes through its rounds of financing when presenting to investors the scalability and viability of our service under increasing tech development. Compensation will be competitive rate for start up companies in addition to management options. As a member of the PeerFX team it is expected that you share in the risk of building a new business but fun times are guaranteed!
The following sections are intended to give you an idea of the business areas that fall within your responsibility, however, we want our team members to participate and contribute in every aspect of the business where they can add value and not just perform tasks outlined below.
- Daily: Communicate with Finance and Marketing rep to analyze daily imbalance and manage the fund flow process between our banks and other payment solutions that we use. These transactions will happen at certain times during the day so it won’t take up your entire day. A practicum student will be able to assist you with the admin matters of managing transaction flow. You will also be managing our servers.
- Weekly: Weekly strategy team meeting where you contribute your ideas with regards to possible service extensions that will add value to our customers. It is your responsibility to give us the tech perspective on what will/will not work in the online financial sector. Ie. Research what other competitors are doing – what services should we have as well? What services can we improve on and provide in a more efficient way?
- Monthly: PeerFX will move at an increased pace with your involvement in the business and expect additional service features each month to be added to our system. You will work with our front-end designer to ensure a seamless launch of such services to our user base. You will also work with the marketing person to plan the feature launch.
- Quarterly: In the foreseeable future PeerFX will be adding multiple currencies to its platform and this is where most of your efforts will be based.
- Annually: By the end of Year 1 we expect to have secured our footing in the small business market and expand to the travelers’ market. You will take part in planning, designing and implementation of services to new market segments.
- Previous experience developing Forex financial software a must.
- Understanding of financial market is an asset when contributing to business strategies.
- Experience developing in .net is a must.
If you are interested please forward a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to having you as part of the team!