Join us April 23nd for the inaugural Wearable Wednesday Vancouver!
STATE OF THE WEARABLE ECONOMY
ABI Research estimates the global market for wearables in health and fitness alone could reach 170 million devices by 2017. Big-time technology players have taken the hint and are making a big leap into the world of wearable tech. Wearable technology has moved beyond product concepts to actual consumer products. However, building hardware for the wearables market is only the first challenge. Companies are challenged to create differentiated experiences, products that work, and useful technologies people will incorporate into their daily lives. We will discuss the marriage between hardware and software, how companies will take on the challenge to improve consumers lives and in the end, build something that consumers will adopt.
5:00 PM - Light reception
6:15 PM - Panel
- Mike Morrow - CEO of Commandwear
- Nikola Obrknezev - Technology & Partnerships Lead of Fatigue Science
- Shane Luke - Chief Product Officer at Recon Instruments
- Liz Dickinson - CEO of MIO
- Ashish Syal - Principal Enginneer at the CTO Office of Sierra Wireless
- Bayan Bennett - Lead Research and Hardwear Engineer of Vandrico Inc.
7:00 PM - Closing Announcements
Host: Kharis O'Connell
- Apr 23, 2014 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Host Company:
- More Info:
- Wearable Wednesday Vancouver iCal file
Wavefront is the national centre of excellence for wireless commercialization accelerating the growth and success of wireless companies in Canada. Wavefront improves speed-to-market and delivery of mobile applications and wireless technologies by providing emerging companies with a suite of WaveGuide™ training, mobile industry advisory services, incubation services, testing resources and market linkages that... more