The AbeBooks Sales and Account Management team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who thrives in an extremely customer focused and data driven environment to join our team in Victoria, BC. As a Category Merchant Manager you will drive new bookseller recruitment, conduct regular business analysis and reporting, and work to grow and expand our business building long-term relationships with our top booksellers. You will partner with technology, product and many other teams to improve performance and drive excellent customer experiences.
This position’s main duties will include but not be limited to:
• Prospecting and acquiring new booksellers to meet or exceed quarterly goals for quantity and quality of sellers recruited, inventory added and topline performance.
• Understanding and utilizing CRM tools such as SalesForce.com to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals.
• Analyzing and driving metrics for the success and quality of the sellers in your portfolio. Create and execute plans working to achieve quarterly and annual Account Management goals related to inventory, pricing, delivery and customer experience.
• Preparing and delivering monthly business reviews regarding progress and state of health for your portfolio of booksellers.
• Managing the seller relationship by championing the seller’s needs at AbeBooks. Building strong communication channels at all levels, setting proper expectations, providing clear status communications, and managing toward a growth plan.
• Investigate, document, and resolve issues related to key account management, seller tools, web site functionality, technical or business issues
• Partner with product managers to drive improvements to bookseller facing products and services as well as sales and account management tools.
• Collaborate with marketing and merchandizing teams on joint initiatives to promote our booksellers' inventory to our worldwide customer base
• Some travel may be required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University Degree and work experience in an analytical environment, preferably ecommerce
• Highly analytical with a proven ability to make data driven decisions
• 2+ years Sales and Account management experience
• Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
• Strong communication skills, written and oral
• Ability to manage small- to-medium-sized projects end to end
• Ability to work in a busy environment and to coordinate activities among different departments
• Strong bias for action, ability to prioritize and excellent time-management skills
• Comfort rolling up sleeves to perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis and to reach sound conclusions
• Open minded with a “hands-on" attitude"
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
• Experience using CRM tools.
• Product/ project management skills.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
• SQL knowledge
• Knowledge of ecommerce and the book industry
• Fluency in other languages
- Date Posted:
- Aug 20, 2015 4:33 PM PDT
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more