AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms”.
About the Role
This role is part of our independent business unit Fillz.com, providing web-based inventory, repricing, and order management services for hundreds of sellers, processing millions of transactions every day. Our customers include some of the largest sellers on Amazon, AbeBooks, and eBay, as well as hundreds of smaller retailers.
As a Business Development Manager, you will expand the FillZ customer base and reach revenue goals by designing and running sales & marketing campaigns, building partnerships, and selling directly to large customers. Last but not the least, you will be surrounded by smart and approachable colleagues and talented peers, all while living in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia.
You’re an entrepreneur at heart and go beyond applying proven business development practices: you know what to do to understand a market segment and what it takes to write sales & marketing playbooks, because you’ve written them and successfully applied them in the past. You will be successful if you:
• know how to market and sell products to businesses
• are outgoing, able to influence others, and enthusiastic
• thrive in an environment that requires experimentation and is ambiguous at times
• are creative in the way you apply sales processes and design marketing campaigns
• understand how to prioritize your day so that you can deliver results for the long term
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables... the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
• 5+ years of successful sales or marketing experience, preferably with SaaS products in eCommerce.
• Demonstrated success in using consultative, solutions-focused sales
• Proven track record of closing sales with large businesses
• Strong knowledge of Excel or Tableau
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• University Business Degree or similar formal education
• Experience with Salesforce.com as well as marketing automation solutions
• Experience editing HTML
- Date Posted:
- Apr 13, 2016 9:38 AM PDT
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more