The AbeBooks Sales and Account Management team is looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a customer focused and data driven environment to join our team in Victoria, BC. As a Category Merchant Manager you will drive new bookseller recruitment, conduct regular business analysis and reporting, and work to grow and expand our business building long-term relationships with our top booksellers. You will partner with technology, product and many other teams to improve performance and drive excellent customer experiences.
This position's main duties will include but not be limited to:
• Analyzing and driving metrics for the success and quality of the sellers in your portfolio.
• Prospecting and acquiring new booksellers to meet or exceed quarterly goals for quantity and quality of sellers recruited, inventory added and topline performance.
• Managing the seller relationship by championing the seller's needs at AbeBooks.
• Create and execute plans working to achieve quarterly and annual Account Management goals related to inventory, pricing, delivery and customer experience.
• Partner with product managers to drive improvements to bookseller facing products and services as well as sales and account management tools.
• Investigate, document, and resolve issues related to key account management, seller tools, web site functionality, technical or business issues
• Some travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University Degree and work experience in an analytical environment, preferably ecommerce
• Highly analytical with a proven ability to make data driven decisions
• 2+ years Sales and Account management experience
• Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
• Strong communication skills, including experience communicating to multiple stakeholders across multiple departments
• Ability to manage small- to-medium-sized projects end to end
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong bias for action, ability to prioritize and excellent time-management skills
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
• Experience using CRM tools.
• Product / project management skills.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
• SQL knowledge
• Knowledge of ecommerce and the book industry
• Fluency in other languages
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables... the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
- Date Posted:
- Nov 2, 2015 4:47 PM PST
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- AbeBooks, an Amazon company
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
To booklovers around the world, AbeBooks is a great place to buy books. However, we have always been a technology company that helps booksellers and book-buyers. Since 1996, our technology has been helping to revolutionize the book business and that quest goes on. Our technology workers are versatile, quick-thinking and thrive on deadlines. They plan and build systems that will yield long-term... more