The Account Executive focuses on accounts in the assigned territory for Industry Sales segment. This role manages sales opportunities ensuring buy-in from stakeholders across the organization to address business needs and deliver client value.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Meets or exceeds sales and product objectives as assigned
- Develop new business
- Continually prospect and network for new leads
- Follow up with leads provided by the internal lead generation team
- Work strategically with the Sales Leaders in the assigned territory to deliver forecasts, identify trending opportunities/challenges and provide recommended solutions
- Effectively qualify leads and identify prospect needs, engaging a pre-sales consultant where necessary
- Conduct high-level conversations with C and VP level executives to address business needs
- Utilize solution selling techniques to effectively guide sales process to close
- Utilize CRM solution to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates along with predictable and precise sales forecasts
- Respond to RFP’s ongoing to achieve quarterly targets
- Keep informed of product line, competition and industry trends that may impact client business activities
- Keep informed of industry trends and feed this information to the Product Sales, Product Development Team and Marketing team, in an effort to strengthen the Intelex offering in the assigned vertical
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as required. Attend Industry specific tradeshows and conferences to support marketing programs.
- Delivery of on-site and online sales presentations and software demos
- Preparation and delivery of quotes and proposals
- Facilitate client transfer to the Professional Services team
- Actively build product knowledge to ensure a high level of literacy on the Intelex system as well as new functionality
- Some travel to locations within Canada, the U.S required
- Reports to the Director, Industry Sales in the assigned territory.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization.
Skills & Work Traits
- Experience defining solutions with clear value propositions that provide tangible ROI to their business
- Experience identifying and developing accounts
- A proven track record of closed sales and client satisfaction
- Strong communication skills with consultative professional business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Highly motivated, possess a positive attitude and driven by targets
- Proven ability to drive sales
- Ability to engage, negotiate, discuss and present with Business Leaders and Executives
- Knowledge of SaaS business model and Software Sales Cycle
- Strong understanding of software, Support, and services contracts and agreements
- Prior experience working with CRM software and forecasting tools, Salesforce experience preferred
- Good understanding of enterprise application requirements / architecture
- Business knowledge of SQL and/or other database technology
- Understanding of the Environmental, Health & Safety, or Quality industry (considered an asset)
- Understanding of ISO Quality, Environmental, Safety and Business Performance Management, TS16949, AS9100 (considered an asset).
- 3 to 5 years of previous software and service sales or relevant experience
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in a related field.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
- Date Posted:
- Apr 7, 2016 10:02 AM PDT
- Intelex Technologies
- Intelex Technologies
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
With more than 1,000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT... more