HootSuite is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist, Collections committed to achieving results to join our fast paced team. Reporting to the AR Manager, the AR Specialist will be responsible for billing and collections for a rapidly growing portfolio of customers located around the globe. Due to the global reach of our customer base and our growing presence in Asia, the successful candidate will be required to work until 6pm PST to be available to our Asia-Pacific sales team and customers.
• Meet defined SLAs for setting up billing schedules, sending out invoices and responding to inquiries.
• Review agreements to ensure adherence to company policies and process.
• Follow company collections process; including reaching out to customers by email (and phone, when applicable) and engaging Account Managers when necessary to resolve billing issues.
• Perform billing adjustments within the framework of established policy; including working with Accounting to ensure revenue recognition is accurate.
• Month end activities related to Accounts Receivable.
• Keep Accounts Receivable Manager informed of new and ongoing issues.
• Identify areas for process improvement that will reduce DSO and improve customer satisfaction in the area of billing.
• Implement agreed changes to Policy and Process.
• Participate in financial audit activities.
• Other projects as may be assigned from time to time to support the Accounting team.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2-5 years business-to-business collections experience with a global customer base.
• Experience with recurring billing schedules and adjustments, and with complex account reconciliations.
• A demonstrated ability to reduce DSO's and bad debt write-offs.
• ERP system experience.
• Basic accounting knowledge (i.e. understands the basics of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement and debits/credits).
• Prior experience with collections forecasting.
• Experience with NetSuite.
• Intermediate Excel skills (advanced formulas, presenting data using charts, analyzing data using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts).
- Date Posted:
- Mar 7, 2014 2:08 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more