Android has dominated the smartphone market, setting the pace of innovation, while cultivating fiercely loyal and undeniably passionate fans. With the growth of mobile commerce, our Android team has been busier than ever making sure that our merchants have the same great experience with Shopify across all of our channels, making it easier to sell from anywhere.
Our Toronto office focuses on growth and marketing projects and right now weâre searching for some senior Android developers who are excited to join a small team with a large impact. The mobile team works on projects to make it easier for merchants to sell through native mobile apps, while also enabling developers to create rich shopping apps with modern payment flows.
So hereâs the low-down: Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. Shopify currently powers over 200,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries, including: Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Google, Wikipedia, LA Lakers, GoldieBlox, and many more.
Hereâs a few things you might do from day-to-day:
- Design and develop new features, and rapidly prototype product concepts for our next growth project in Toronto
- Monitor the latest crash reports from the app, and write regression tests to ensure they donât re-occur
- Have a scrumptious lunch with other mobile devs while discussing a Google Dev Summit video (yes, we have catered lunches and lots of other great snacks + drinks)
- Look over the latest mockups with our (ultra-talented) UI designers to discuss the merits of their latest tablet layout
- Jump on a conference call with a Shopify Plus merchant to discuss some usability issues in the checkout flow
You should probably:
- Be an Android enthusiast
- Have a published Android app and/or projects on GitHub
- Be comfortable implementing layouts using Material Design and AppCompat
- Have experience communicating with and debugging web services [REST using JSON]
- Be able to implement pixel perfect designs
- Have experience with unit testing/automated testing - Mockito is a plus!
- Be comfortable developing an amazing user experience on memory-constrained devices and in low bandwidth connections
If you think you could be the next Android developer for #ShopifyTO, apply now and give a shout out to Brady Paron in the additional info section.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 15, 2016 1:00 AM PST
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more