Mobify is looking for a talented Engineer with experience building native applications to join the Product Team! As a member of a cross discipline delivery team, you'll work on extending our platform to bridge web components to native APIs in Android apps.
We think the web is pretty much the best thing that happened since Cool Ranch Doritos. It's the most powerful and democratic medium on the planet. But native development is pretty cool too. Lately we’ve been thinking of apps as souped up browsers for powering unique web experiences. Native apps get to have a lot of fun, making use of sensor and messaging APIs that aren’t available in web browsers yet. Exposing native APIs to the web also presents interesting security challenges. With great power comes great responsibility! This is a great position to be on the forefront of modern mobile development.
Want to find out more? Check out our open source projects, engineering or culture blog.
- To develop into our platform a tool that makes building great Hybrid apps a repeatable process
What You'll Do
- Develop highly performant native apps leveraging web technology
- Research, implement and share best practices for hybrid development with the team
- Discuss, debate and dream with the team about how to improve the experience of our customers
Who You Are
- You have shipped native apps with web components to the Play Store (send us links!)
- You have experience with the perils of the update process, and have maintained backwards compatibility for legacy clients
- You are deeply familiar with Android native app development
- You have experience with Java and the Android SDK
- You have experience with web service development (RESTful)
- You understand the limits of web and native technologies and when to choose one or the other
- You have authored an Apache Cordova/PhoneGap Plugin
- You have experience working with Agile Development Methodology
- Share how you might exploit a vulnerability against web to native bridges
- Tell us how you would create a web to native bridge on your favourite platform
- You have experience with Objective-C and iOS development
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mobify powers the mobile shopping experiences of leading global retailers like Ann Taylor, Crocs, Superdry, Eddie Bauer and Beyond the Rack. Our platform enables online retailers to use all their existing digital commerce tools across smartphones, tablets, apps and in-store technology in a way that is fast to implement, easy to manage, and accelerates business growth. Established in 2007,... more